Thursday, December 13, 2007

Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.

I've found that being a vegetarian is something I committed whole heartedly too. It's something I believe in, I'm proud of myself.

The funny thing is, it isn't just not eating meat. It changes your whole outlook on the whole idea of eating meat. I find myself thinking more about animal rights, how animals feel. I was driving the other day about how much animal interact with us, but we somehow find a way of justifying eating them. I understand that humans are built for eating meat, the thing is we have a mind, we can control what we put in our bodies. I hold nothing against those that have decided to eat meat, it just isn't for me.

Once Anna hits 3, she will also be a veggie. Not to sound like a hypocrite, I just don't consider myself advanced enough to be able to supplement her protein intake right now, with what she gains from Chicken and dairy. She does however have more of a taste for any kind of veggie, rice and beans and soy products. I was the same way growing up.

On that note, I've decided that I am going Vegan, for sure. No more dairy. This will be one of my goals for 2007. I find the vegan transition to be the only complicated one for me. I already drink vegan beer, so at least I have that covered, ha. People don't realize how easy the veggie transition was, cutting meat out of my diet was the easiest thing to do, I guess b.c I grew disgusted with myself and the fact that I was putting part of another soul into my body. Plus, I could live off black bean burgers, so good. Not only that, but the health issues at hand. I feel so much better, after I eat I don't feel like dying. I've lost 5lbs and haven't seen it in 3 months.

Just thought I'd share. I felt the need to ramble.

1 comment:

Anardana said...

Veganism is awesome, welcome to the club :)