Friday, December 14, 2007

Lazy people are always eager to be doing something.


I find myself often looking for things to do, when really, I should be doing something slightly more productive. As in, I should actually do what I had originally intended on doing. What happens is I have all these chores planned out for the day, then I get turned off by the idea of doing them, so instead I search for something new to accomplish. Then what ends up happening is, I get nothing done. Mostly because the whole time I was searching for the new thing to do, the old chores get pushed aside. I guess I teeter on the verge of a procrastinator title at times. I find the most unproductive things to preoccupy my mind.

I guess that would be why my teachers tried extra hard with me, or my parent's are always looking for new ways to motivate me. Now, it isn't that I'm unmotivated, I could honestly say I have more goals than anyone I've ever met. It's the fact that I lose interest in the task at hand, or I feel I am not being challenged enough. I get bored very fast if something doesn't stay interesting.

I guess that's why I miss school. Although it wasn't always interesting, it was work that made me use my brain, unlike most the things I do throughout my day.

Oh well, I'm rambling and using my blogging as an excuse to avoid cleaning, or over texting people.

No comments: