Thursday, December 13, 2007

Goodbye 2007.



This is my farewell, to possibly one of the most awkward years I've ever experienced.

You have taught me so much about myself. Who I'm willing to let in, what I want out of life and who I am. Although I haven't embraced you with open arms, I feel so lucky to have had this year, this was my year. Not the best year, but it was amazing at times, even when I hit rock bottom.

This year I actually put myself out there. I met new people, I dated new people, I lost people. I had the chance to truly find out who I was inside, who I can be, who I am at my worst and at my best. If I hadn't put myself out there, or dated those people, I would still be who I was when I started this year. I won't say I'm happy I met certain people, but they were worth the lessons learned.

I've finally learned that I've been less than responsible and it's time to step up. If I want to be a role model to the beautiful Anna, I need to make an effort. I need to make an effort myself and prove to those around me that I am amazing. I have all these abilities bottled up inside, that I've never given a chance, until now. I have no reason to believe I wont succeed. I will succeed and I'm going to awesome at it.

I really found out who the true people were in my life. I held onto bad relationship and negative people, because I thought they were all I had. I was so wrong. I've learned what my worth is and I'm worth a lot more than what they were willing to give. A true friend sticks by you, no matter what. A true friend never lies or goes behind your back. I am really proud of myself, I finally weeded my over grown garden and I feel so much better. I was so worried about pleasing the wrong people, that I lost touch with the important people I have around me. So, I say... good riddance.

Toward the end of the year is when my life really turned upside down, but in the best way possible. The last few months of 2007 have been the best of my life, the best. I mean that with everything I have inside of me, I've never been so confident of something. I feel like I fell in love for the first time. No, I know I did. I knew an hour after I met him, I would spend the rest of my life with him. I met the person who finally broke through the wall I've had up my whole life, he did it with the same feelings. I know he loves me with everything he has and that's what makes it amazing. He makes me feel brand new and like I can do anything I put my mind to. He gives me the confidence I had a hard time finding within in myself. August my life changed forever and I'm so happy it did.

I was also blessed to have another healthy and happy Anna all year. I feel like the luckiest Mom ever at times. She is so bright and she learns so quickly. She has always been there for hugs and kisses, whenever I needed them. Her face brights up when she sees me first thing in the morning, she smiles when she looks at me and kisses me before bed every night. She's a beautiful little girl and I'm so lucky she's mine. Brian finally making and effort to be in her life has also made things easier and better. I am so proud of the changes he's made for her, when I can be honest and say I doubted him. She is truly blessed to have a wonderful Dad in her life.

Now, there have been times I could've sworn this was the worst year, but I was wrong, so very wrong. I've gained so much. From here on out I know I am going to function at my best, at all times. I'm a better person, with my goals intact and I am so thankful. I am thankful I never gave up, when I really wanted to.

I'm looking forward to what 2008 has in store.

No comments: