Friday, December 21, 2007

In a great big world, I am really small.

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do."


I've always enjoyed that quote. Funny, it's from Apple computers. I don't think that matters, when I read it, I think about myself. I think about how I've always taken the less beaten path, I never followed the rules and I was told "Scotti, you'll never make it". Well, look at me now. The thing is, the path I decided to take is what made me what I am today, an individual. Sadly, the one's who told me I would never make, couldn't say the same thing about themselves.

A huge fight took place here last night. When I say huge, what I mean is; big, ugly and we were all out for blood. As bad and angry as I was, I'm glad it happened. It needed to happen, we were all able to get a lot of built up tension out. I was to the point where I never wanted to speak to my family again, I was so angry. The thing is, I know they love me and want whats best. Their methods just aren't always as effective as I know they would like for them to be. So, we're in the "calm after the storm" phase. My mom and I were able to talk and I got to speak freely, as did she. It's over and that's all that matters.

I haven't really spoken about the decision I've made, probably one of the biggest decisions I'll ever make. I feel it isn't the right time yet. Once I get the kinks worked out, I will dedicate a whole blog to this decision.

Next week I'm going to relax like I've never relaxed before. I'm going to take in all the happiness I have laid in front of me, with huge breaths. I am going to love Joey, like he's never known, or I've known even. I am going to spend the week with no worries, no cares. Care free is a good word... a free spirit of sorts. I'm going to have the best time of my life. I am going to bring 2008 as I should, like it's going to be the best year of my life, because it is. 2008, you bitch, every ounce of me is ready for you. Let's get this shit started as we should.

I really don't know what else I feel I should write about. I'm so happy at this moment. I will admit, a lot of that happiness is coming from my new Sidekick that will be here on Thursday. I am also a weirdo and I hate to run blogs together. Too many feelings in on entry calls for a headache, you feel me, literally? Speaking of which, I only have 3 soda's today. All the corporate folks at Pepsi I'm sure felt a slight tug on the heart today, or stock, when they lost me as a loyal customer.

GOODNIGHT!


No comments: