Monday, December 24, 2007

The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.

Merry Christmas!

I want to talk about something I've been thinking about for a long time. Something that weighs on my mind, a lot. I guess it's sort of my take, or outlook of sorts on the human race and how stupid we are.

Why is it, when we are in school, we are taught to except every person for who they are. Why, when we are young, are we told to be an individual and follow the path we want. I find it all very contradicting. It seems as though, when we become a certain age, this is no longer relevant.

People judge those who seek their own individuality. We look at homeless people with transparent eyes, as though they don't exist. We treat others as though they're not up to our standards, if we feel we're better than they are. Racism is still as bad as it was 20 years ago, it's just shadowed and over looked.

What are we really teaching our children. That being dishonest is alright? That because someone worked their ass off for 20 years to be considered upper class, isn't as good as though born into a comfortable life. Our society is a painful one to watch and at times I am saddened for our youth.

The only hope we have, is that one day my generation will be the one in charge. Those who fight for what they believe in, and stand up for one another. The one's who look at our earth as a being, that needs to be respected. The one's who see our children for the true artists they can be, if they want. Love, respect and peace is my wish for us, as a race. I want to see animals treated as equals, I want there to be no hungry mouths, true artist's with ambitions, who aren't afraid to be the person they are deep inside. I want the world to wear their heart on their sleeve, I want the world to sleep with a peaceful mind every night, I want the world to breathe easy.

I know this is all a long way away, or probably never even possible. All I can do is hope. Hope my daughter always stands up for what she believes in, and not afraid to ever walk the streets alone, or never go hungry.

No comments: