Thursday, November 6, 2008

To the keeper of my heart.

My, oh, my. 3 years, 3 whole years filled with unconditional love, from a toddler I call Anna.


My Dear Anna,

3 years ago, to the day, you came into my life like wild fire. It is a day that will forever live in my heart and in my soul. I became a Mother that day, your Mother and you became my daughter. I will cherish this day for as long as I live, for I was blessed with more than I could have ever asked for.

You are so full of grace, but I see that fire in you. The same fire I carry in myself, the desire to never stop learning. You remind me so much of myself. A fighter and a lover. A free spirit, who is hard headed and stubborn at times. A beautiful person, inside and out. A girl who loves diggin' up dirt in her best dress. I see you grow everyday and although bittersweet, I am so proud of you.

I never imagined that 3 years ago I could be happier than I was in that moment I first held you. As each day goes by, I realize this is my life, you are my life. All of my dreams, wrapped tightly around you, my heart in the palm of your hand. Even at just 3, I see a beautiful person, who is going to take the world by surprise.

You are the fire and the world is your fuel.

Happy 3rd Birthday, Jitterbug.

Love,
Mommy.

2 comments:

SPG said...

Happy Birthday, Anna Darling. You are one of the most beautiful girls I've seen and you are lucky to have such a spirited mother who cares for you.

ScottiRobot. said...

Aww.

Thank you, Smitha!!