Thursday, November 29, 2007

She who trims herself to suit everyone will soon whittle herself away.


"Man, it's so hard not to act so reckless"

I was asked recently by someone who I thought mattered to find one thing about myself that I loved. I figured, I could find more than one. Just to spite this person, let them know, you don't just give up on the one's you claim "mean so much".

Scotti Erin. I'll admit, I'm a complexed person. There is no getting around it, but that makes me who I am. I could be boring, or rather dull, like some people I know. Then everyone would miss out on the conversation about my weird habits, or my odd knowledge of random facts about random things. Without complexion or complicated things, the whole world would be one most of us wouldn't want to live in. As irritated as we might get at complication, there is a reason the good people stick around.

Now, for what I love about myself.

Well, for starters, I love how happy I get when I hear Young Turks by Rod Stewart. I love how any song can change my disposition before the first chorus hits. I love that I am so hard to figure out, I keep people on their toes and I think that's why they always come back for more. I love that no matter what, I never let anyone else change the way I feel about things or someone. I guess that's where Young Turks would come in, never let anyone else change the way you feel, true love only comes once and I'm not afraid to love. I love how I can take a serious situation and make it fun. I love my sarcasm and ability to laugh at anything, no matter how stupid it might be to someone else. I love my ability to love people for who they are and no matter what I give everyone a chance. I stand my guard and I'm never afraid to call shitty people out on who they are.

I love that I can run half naked on a beach at 3 in the morning. I love that I listen to everything someone has to say and I never judge, until I have facts. I love the way I look at people I admire, and I love that I admire strong people. I love not being afraid to wear the most ridiculous outfits out in public, because they make me happy. I love getting excited over hats and purses and shoes! I love how good I look in black, blue and green eye shadow. I love my body for what it is and I love that I can tattoo an ice cream cone on my side and still look awesome.

I do love myself. Some might not think I do but it's their loss. One more thing is I forgive but I don't forget and once you cross that line with me, it's hard to go back. You don't hurt the one's you love and I would never.

So, when you regret the decision you made or you wished I was all you had. Just come back and read this, as a reminder of what you might never have again.

No comments: