Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It takes love seconds to say Hello, but forever to say Goodbye.

When one door closes, another one opens. Or so the saying goes. I can't help but think the saying is true, even if it's something I don't want to believe right now. I have all of these new doors opening but I'm keeping my foot wedged in the one trying to close. Although I've been faced with the brutal truth, my heart doesn't want to let it close. Letting go right now leaves me with a horrible ache in my heart and almost makes me sick. Even though I know it's what I need to do.


Time heals a broken heart, right?


Although things are tough right now, I have a lot of amazing opportunities that have come up. I feel like I am finally heading in the right direction, after years of going in the opposite direction. I feel more like myself and more responsible than I've ever been. It's just hard to believe it all had to happen after the fall. I guess that's how the story goes.

I've been through so much that I face tough situations with ease. I walk with my head held high, when inside I feel as though I'm dying. This too shall pass, like a great friend always tells me. In the end, this will be just a small scar, from the past that made me who I am.

It's always scary when you don't know what the future brings. Especially when you're like me and you need all the answers laid out in front of you. I do know that I have a future though and I feel like it will be a great one. Having faith is what matters at this point and I have a lot of faith in what's to come.

No comments: