Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Words.

To see you when I wake up.
Is a gift I didn't think could be real.
To know that you feel the same as I doIs a three-fold, Utopian dream.
You do something to me that I can't explain.
So would I be out of line if I said "I miss you"?
I see your picture.
I smell your skin on the empty pillow next to mine.
You have only been gone ten days, But already I'm wasting away.
I know I'll see you again.
Whether far or soon.
But I need you to know that I care, And I miss you.
It's always hard to find the right things to say when you lose the one thing you thought was real. We slap a smile on our face and make it through the day without breaking down. Hold back words and emotions that at one point were so easy to say.
I've moved on but there is that one part of me that won't let go. I am sure in time but right now it's still there. Days get easier and aren't so long anymore. My laughter is genuine and my heart is slowly piecing back together.
I will always love what we had, even if it's no longer what I want. There were good times and there were bad, I will carry the good in my heart.
Although I felt like I needed closure, I don't think that was the case. I just think I needed to get over all of it and really say goodbye to a lost cause.
This is the end.
I've closed one chapter and have started another. A great chapter at that, this book has only just begun.

No comments: